Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stress

Right now my world is just a little stressed. It seems like things are piling up:

1. A life insurance policy due $600.
2. License renewals $189.
3. Youngest son's car in shop estimate is $1500-1800.
4. My car in the shop estimate is $400.
5. My mom's health is slowly deteriorating.
6. My knees are giving out.
7. Physical therapy is not helping my knees.
8. I may need a knee replacement sooner than I had hoped.
9. My foot still has not healed from surgery over a year ago.

I could probably come up with more to add to this list, it would not be too hard. The stress from this is causing my shoulders to tighten, my neck to cramp and my head to ache. It is then I remember a few things.

1. Women in many countries have no rights and are virtual slaves.
2. Children in some countries are sold as sex slaves.
3. Millions of people have no access to clean water.
4. Many have no access to medical care.
5. Millions will never hear of the love of Jesus Christ.
6. Dalit children in India are trapped in poverty.
7. Millions are dying in Africa of aids with many more orphaned.
8. Children are working in horrid factory conditions for pennies.
9. I have the right to blog.

Remembering all of this makes me pause and think. Am I still stressed? Of course, but now I have some perspective on my situation. Now I can look at the list objectively.

1. I have the money to pay the life insurance policy.
2. The license renewals are not due until late next month.
3. My son's car? Thank God for credit cards!
4. I have enough to pay the bill for my car.
5. I cannot fix my mom's health but I can spend time with her still.
6. My knees are still giving out.
7. PT is not making my knees worse.
8. I will need knee replacements anyway.
9. I can at least walk again.

Is the list the same? Pretty much. However, I just objectively paused to look a second time at the original list. Through the love of Jesus, I am able to remember those less fortunate and that my riches are not here on earth, but in heaven. I was never promised a worry free or stress free life, but I would not trade my life for anything.

What is your stress level right now? Try making a few lists and see if things can be worked out. If you do not know Jesus, would you consider trusting Him with your life? I promise you, your life will never be the same. It will only become really living.

No comments:

Post a Comment