Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

Facebook Craziness!

I am stressed! My fibro is flaring, flaring, flaring!!!!!! My mother's health is declining and other family issues are driving me crazy. In addition, lately facebook has not been the safe haven it has been for me.Facebook friend turns on facebook friend. One bans the other and this resulted in outright yelling back and forth. It was pathetic and hurtful to witness.

Why do people turn on each other so easily? Is it because it does not involve real person to person contact? I do not understand the anger that can rear it's ugly head so quickly. It is almost frightening to watch, like a pack of wolves tearing prey to pieces. Maybe some will say that I am being overly dramatic but I do not think so. This seems to be especially true for the support sites. Fibromyalgia is such a devastating condition that stressors can trigger many negative emotions. These emotions and resulting anger can erupt easily, especially if the person feels threatened. We all need a support system whether it is physical family or an on-line family. Any perceived betrayal can have swift consequences. In the end, who does it hurt? The entire fibromyalgia community! Unless those of us with fibro stick together we will never have the clout we need to for effective change.

I pray we can learn from these instances of anger and outbursts. If not, we will stay mired in a sea of doctors and others who doubt our illness. Sad.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. We all need to stick together.

    ReplyDelete